a few things: you're killing me smalls!

Sunday, June 23, 2013
I haven't done a few things post in a while. I really like them, they are a fun way to sum up the week's little events. Large events too. Those aren't as common though. I acquired the shining idea to make this a weekend ritual! I firmly believe that their should be consistency in blogging (I'm still working on the multiple posts a week issue).
So, I am committing to writing A Few Things post at the end of every week. I'll do my best not to be a complete bore about it. There are always great giveaways, new blogs, and linkups to share. Plus any craziness that ensued during the week.


Let me start this by saying, The Sandlot is such an amazing movie! I have watched it more times than I can remember. It makes me feel like a kid again. After an amusing exchange with a friend, I popped Sandlot in the DVD player and reveled in it's youthful dramatics. "You're killing me Smalls!" I realize it's not the typical movie to be adored. That should be The Notebook, right? I'm not much of a chick flick watcher.

I am three days into The Lighten Up Project ( I'm lightening my hair as I write thisand it does indeed work. Slowly and subtly, but, it works. My concoction of honey, lemon juice, and chamomile makes my hair smell like a yummy cup of tea. If nothing else, my hair is super soft and shiny now.

At the suggestion of K, I skipped off to the drive-in, with my father, to see Man of Steel. Going to the drive-in is terribly fun no matter what, but, it helped that we found out World War Z was playing first in the double feature. My dad and I decided that this was "epic". It doesn't take a whole lot to get us pumped. 

Four thingsShanna has a great giveaway going on right now. There's still time to enter! Three days and eleven hours left, to be exact. You could win a pair of these!
I love jewelry. I recently found Amy through a blog that I follow. Amy has an adorable jewelry shop with so many pretty pieces to choose from. You should check it out!
Bre over at Peacoats and Plaid has a delightful blog that I came across this week. Bre hosts spectacular Bloglovin' Collective Blog Hops every week where you can discover many new bloggers. Link up and make new blogging friends!
Last but certainly not least - Melyssa from The Nectar Collective wrote a super helpful post on how to grow your blog: like a boss. It is a must read.

That's the round up for the week. I didn't bore you too badly. I hope. My hair is dry and I'm going to rinse this concoction out of it ( before the fur baby tries to lick it out again). 
Have a happy Sunday!







No comments

Post a Comment

I am so glad that you stopped by. I love to hear from my readers! I appreciate each and every comment. Let's chat! Leave some love and I'll be sure to reply. Have a lovely day - Jen