Lemon Parmesan Tuna and Black Bean Pasta

Monday, September 12, 2016
Lemon-Parmesan-Tuna-Black-Bean-Pasta-recipe

Hello hello! I promised this gluten free black bean pasta recipe last week, but, had a terrible time editing the images. I hadn't planned on shooting this recipe originally, and I have not had time to reshoot it [ yet ]. I grabbed my camera and snapped some quick images in my kitchen.. at night. There wasn't a single ray of natural light anywhere.

Mistakes. Mistakes everywhere!

Every single vertical image was unusable. Somewhere between panic and resolution, I thought: "This blog is about being real. So just be real about this." I messed up.. And I'm telling y'all about it. I have been practicing shooting in manual and I missed the mark on more than one image. Mistakes make us better right! So here are a tiny handful of horizontal images to stir your hunger!

Lemon-Parmesan-Tuna-Black-Bean-Pasta-recipe
Lemon-Parmesan-Tuna-Black-Bean-Pasta-recipe

Pasta dishes are right up there with pizza in my book. Pizza ultimately reigns supreme, but, every now and then a hearty plate of spaghetti really knocks those carb cravings out. Being a pasta lover with a gluten intolerance is.. intolerable [ Ha! I couldn't help myself! ]. Bad humor aside, it really is tough to find gluten free pasta recipes that taste good and haven't had all of the nutrients stripped from them.

One of the best alternatives to grain pastas is bean pasta. I started cooking with black bean pasta when even quinoa super grain pastas was making me sick. Tolerant and Explore Cuisine are the two best brands of bean and lentil pastas. They taste fresh and have a great texture! You can substitute either brand in any pasta dish without the fear of eating heavy, cardboard-esque spaghetti.



Lemon Pepper Parmesan Tuna and Black Bean Pasta
Prep Time: 5 min  |  Cook Time: 10 min  | Serves: 2

- PIN THIS RECIPE -
Lemon-Parmesan-Tuna-Black-Bean-Pasta-recipe

Ingredients:

1 box of black bean pasta [ I used Explore Cuisine brand for this recipe ]
1 can of tuna. Packed in water only
juice of half of a fresh lemon
2 tblsp of grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 cup of frozen peas
olive oil

Instructions:

1. In a small pot, on low medium heat, mix together the tuna, frozen peas, lemon juice, cheese, and spices. Heat through till peas have completely thawed, and everything has blended together. About 5 minutes.

2. Cook black bean pasta according to directions, drain, and toss with a drizzle of olive oil.

3. Serve pasta and top with a heart spoonful of the lemon parmesan tuna and peas! Sprinkle with extra red pepper flakes and cheese to taste!

Though this recipe will serve two you might have trouble not eating the entire pot yourself. That is exactly what I did the last time that I made this dish! The flavor is hearty and has a kick to it. It's so delicious! The very best part about this dish is that you do not have to feel even an ounce of guilt while eating it. This quick and easy dinner for two is nutrient rich and flavor packed! I hope you love it as much my honey and I do.

Have you tried bean pasta? 

Happy eating and have a beautiful day!

No comments

Post a Comment

I am so glad that you stopped by. I love to hear from my readers! I appreciate each and every comment. Let's chat! Leave some love and I'll be sure to reply. Have a lovely day - Jen