Christmas Countdown | The Tree

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Hey people! I've said it before and I'll say it again, December is just the best month! It's cold outside, hot chocolate is acceptable, everything is jolly, and the lights.. Oh how I adore Christmas lights. Especially those gingerbread house lights. Ya know, the BIG colored ones? Those are tremendous. When I grow up I am going to have gingerbread house lights, and it's going to be magical!

I have some pretty strict rules about Christmasy things. If it's still November and Santa Baby is playing on the radio, that station is banned. You just can't rush the jolly month. It's wrong. And backwards. And straight up unacceptable. Since it actually, officially is the month of gifting, I have been blasting Michael Bublé's Christmas album. Have you ever just wallowed in the serenity and mischievousness of his voice? It's completely therapeutic. His voice is Mr. Darcy. It's comfort and companionship, with a little sass. So crank up All I Want For Christmas Is You, grab your man, and slow dance. 

The house + tree have been decorated. The tree has always been the most important part of decorating for me. It's such a signature of Christmas, and it sparks awesome holiday memories. When I was younger our tree was covered with fun ornaments that we had collected from childhood. Every year we got a new ornament. Mine were usually equine related. In recent years we switched to shatterproof adornments for the tree. The little minions like shiny, sparkly things. And now my mom and I tag team the tree. I hang the ornaments and she adds the extra trimmings. Anywho, the tree is all purdy now and that makes me happy! Sadly, our tree is fake. Someone always forgets to water the live one, and brown, balding Christmas trees aren't the most appealing. 
We will be doing the annual running of the trees, as always. Every year we go to the live tree lot and run around through the rows of trees. There's a giant, three story snowman and erthang. It's kind of great. But that's a photo post for another day!

I am through with my December ramble. What about you, how do you decorate your tree for Christmas? Bold colors? Shatterproof ornaments? Any decorating traditions?
I'd love to know!

Christmas Tree
Christmas Tree
Christmas Tree
Christmas Tree
Christmas Tree
Christmas Tree












Be sure to check out this month's featured sponsor :

No comments

Post a Comment

I am so glad that you stopped by. I love to hear from my readers! I appreciate each and every comment. Let's chat! Leave some love and I'll be sure to reply. Have a lovely day - Jen