The Reason For The Season | To Seek And To Save

Wednesday, December 25, 2013
Reason for the Season

Merry Christmas! I hope that each and every one of you are having a spectacular day with your families. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. The entire month of December is really tremendous. I don't think I will ever lose my December excitement. Christmastime is full of colorful lights, sweets, snow ( if you're lucky ), hot chocolate, gifts, and festive parties. It's all fun, and I love it!

In the midst of all the wintery fun, I am reminded of the true reason for this Christmas season. As a follower of Christ, Christmas has incredibly deep meaning. Christmas is a season of great joy! It is when we celebrate the birth of Jesus and the hope of salvation that He brought. Jesus Christ, the God-man, was born, being both fully Deity and fully human, to die on a cross for you and me; Paying the price for all of our sins. He shed His Holy blood for us, so that we might be made clean and whole. What a beautiful gift God has given us through Jesus Christ. The gift of salvation and eternal life. And it is a free gift, given by the grace of God.

God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons” (Galatians 4:5).

What joy and happiness we have this Christmas! The true meaning of Christmas is love. God loved His own and provided a way, the only Way, for us to spend eternity with Him. What an incredible gift! 

So Merry Christmas! Have a beautiful day full of joy, for you are dearly loved by a Holy and gracious God!












Check out this month's featured sponsor :

No comments

Post a Comment

I am so glad that you stopped by. I love to hear from my readers! I appreciate each and every comment. Let's chat! Leave some love and I'll be sure to reply. Have a lovely day - Jen