WARM DAYS, TOP KNOTS, AND CALVIN HARRIS

Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Summer Pinspiration: warm days, top knots, and calvin harris, Summer, Calvin harris summer, lemonade recipe, ombre hair

It's hot. It's so so hot. And humid! Southern life at its finest. I'm not complaining mind you. I'm just informing you of the desert like heat that has married itself to the damp air of the jungle. I went for a run the other day and I'm pretty sure I shaved eight years off of my life. So, since it's sweltering outside I thought: "why not put together a summer inspired post".

So I did.

Warm days, top knots, and.. Calvin Harris. These are some of the things that come to mind this summer.  Oh yeah, and The Sandlot: "I'm baking like a toasted cheeser!". 

Also, since I've decided to take the rest of the summer off of school ( hallelujah for passing with a solid A), I feel like there is that much more summertime fun to be had! Sunburns, lighthouse runs, driving with the windows down while blasting some tunes, kale lemonades... It's all within my grasp now! I'm really curious what you guys love about summer? What are your favorite warm day activities? Proclaim it in the comments!


_____________________ SUMMER INSPIRATION _____________________ 

EMBELLISHED SANDALS. Here's a pair. I have a fear of wearing sandals ( there's a story in there ) that I am shoving aside for this cuteness.

TOP KNOT + BANGS. Yep, the go-to. With or without bangs, top knots are the way to go! Here's a tutorial.

LE CALVIN HARRIS ON REPEAT. It is impossible not to dance around to Summer by Calvin Harris. Are you sick of it yet? I listen to a song over and over until I hate it, and you hate it, and the people in the cars next to me hate it. We could be together baby, as long as skies are blue..

BLACKBERRY LEMONADE. Kale lemonade, watermelon lemonade, blackberry lemonade.. it is all amazing! Here's a recipe.

SUMMER PLAYLIST. Sometimes I throw the one song on repeat thing out the window and listen to a single playlist on repeat. This one specifically..



OMBRÉ CURLS. Sometime's the ombré look can go too far and have really harsh lines. This soft balayage ombré is absolutely perfect! Here's a DIY balayage ombre tutorial.

FLORAL SHORTS. I love florals so much. They are really fun. I feel like I should do a What I Wore post with one of my multiple pairs of floral jeans. Yes? No? I'm going to do it! Here's a bunch of floral shorts.

CUFF BRACELETS. I don't have pierced ears. I used to, but it didn't end well. I'm a bracelet + rings kind of girl. Shimmery stackable cuff bracelets are a perfectly delightful summer accessory, don't ya think? Get to stackin'.

SKINNY ARTICHOKE DIP. Food is delicious. Skinny food is even more delectable. Toss some cheese in there and, well, here's the recipe.



What are some summer inspired things that you're loving right now?





  


Check out this month's lovely featured sponsor!


No comments

Post a Comment

I am so glad that you stopped by. I love to hear from my readers! I appreciate each and every comment. Let's chat! Leave some love and I'll be sure to reply. Have a lovely day - Jen