Hues of Blue

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

bbdakota-shift-dress-blue-with-pockets
bbdakota-shift-dress-blue-with-pockets
bbdakota-shift-dress-blue-with-pockets
bbdakota-shift-dress-blue-with-pockets
bbdakota-shift-dress-blue-with-pockets
bbdakota-shift-dress-blue-with-pockets
bbdakota-shift-dress-blue-with-pockets
bbdakota-shift-dress-blue-with-pockets
bbdakota-shift-dress-blue-with-pockets

DETAILS

Dress: BB Dakota ( exact ) under $80
Tights: Target ( similar ) under $20
Booties: Dilliard's ( exact ) under $100
Bag: T.J. Maxx ( similar ) under $25
Necklace: BCC ( local boutique )

Dresses with pockets are the treasure of the fashion world. These pockets, in reality, have no real use.. except to make your dress especially cute! I feel a strong sense of aggressive excitement when I see a dress ( or my wallet forbid, a skirt ) with pockets. What is it about being able to shove your hands into the sides of your dress and stand around like one of the cool kids? I am slowly amassing pocket dresses, and it brings me a great deal of satisfaction. 

I am curious what you guys think of this hue of blue. I normally steer away from blue, but, I really could not resist this dress! It such a striking color, and the cut is great for bopping around in warmer weather ( if it ever comes! ). Plus it is under $80. I think I will bring more blue shades into my wardrobe! It really is a fresh, happy color. 

On a completely different note.. I am giddy with excitement over the cheesiest thing. I purchased my very first Valentine's Day card for a guy. Ever. I am twenty four years old. This has been a long time coming! The card has hearts and a proclamation of love. I committed. Buying that card is one of the sappiest things I have ever done. I was always against "such silliness", but I now proudly proclaim that I am secretly soaking up every cheesy bit of Valentine's Day. I shared a little bit of my heart, toward my special guy, on my Instagram the other day, and received the sweetest little outpouring of support from you girls. It truly touched my heart. God's grace and provision have awed and humbled me. My guy's heart has been completely captured by Christ. He pushes me toward the Lord daily, and love me selflessly. What a blessing to have this Valentine's Day.


What do you girls think: Loving the blue? Are pockets the bee's knees? What is the cheesiest thing you have ever done for a guy? Share your fashion & love two cents in the comments! 

xo, Jen

P.S. Did I mention that this dress has the sweetest criss-cross strap action going on in the back? Well, it does! I have failed you tremendously by forgetting to turn around for the camera. C'est la vie.




LET'S CONNECT: 


CHECK OUT THIS MONTH'S LOVELY FEATURED SPONSOR!

No comments

Post a Comment

I am so glad that you stopped by. I love to hear from my readers! I appreciate each and every comment. Let's chat! Leave some love and I'll be sure to reply. Have a lovely day - Jen