Over The Hill | 50 Years Young

Saturday, January 4, 2014
New Years Eve is always extra fun around our house because when the clock strikes midnight we not only celebrate the new year, but we also celebrate a birthday. My dad's birthday. He officially turned 50  when the big 2014 hit. Over the hill, yet, 50 years young. My father is one of the most gregarious, jovial people I have ever known, and I've known some doozies. He's the kind of person that starts poking fun like you're old friends, when you first meet. He's a kind, generous, trustworthy, godly man of integrity, and I am deeply thankful for his life!

When my sister and I were little we used to make handmade cards for our parents on birthdays or other special occasions. My sister has since moved on to snazzy Hallmark cards ( more power to her! ), but, I have stuck to the tradition. Mostly because that's just who I am. I have always been the messy crafter. It's in my blood. So this year I broke out the card stock, fancy ribbons, stamps, and yes, glitter. It was totally masculine, I promise. He appreciates that kind of stuff and it makes me feel like his little girl, and well, I am. I suppose I always will be.

To ring in the new year + celebrate the birthday, we had some friends over for food, lot and lots of food, bubbly ( sparkling grape juice ), the reading of birthday cards, dancing ( we can cupid shuffle like nobody's business ), and games! Have you ever played Blurt? If you haven't, you should. It's a fast paced trivia board game that's a hoot and a holler. The more people you have playing the better! 
Everyone had a great time full of laughter and good memories. It was a great New Year's Eve and a spectacular birthday celebration.

To my over the hill, yet 50 years young father: I love you tremendously, and I'm thankful that I can call you one of my best friends! Happy fiftieth year!


















Check out this month's featured sponsor to discover pretty things!

No comments

Post a Comment

I am so glad that you stopped by. I love to hear from my readers! I appreciate each and every comment. Let's chat! Leave some love and I'll be sure to reply. Have a lovely day - Jen