Blogger Q&A | How I Came Up With My Blog Name + My Biggest Fear

Tuesday, January 28, 2014
blogger questions, blogging, q&a, coffee date, blog name, biggest fear

I was reading some of my favorite blogs over the past couple of days, and I got to thinking about how much I love getting to know the lovely ladies behind the blog posts that I so enjoy reading. I've discovered, when you read along, that overtime you start to feel like you become friends. You learn little things about these ladies as they share their life, and you really start to care. I love that! It's one of my favorite parts of blogging and reading blogs. It's like sitting down to coffee + a cookie ( gotta have my vegan cookie ) and chatting with a girlfriend.

So, in that vein of thinking, I decided to share a few things with you. I pulled from questions that I get asked often, either via blogland, just in daily life, or on those splendid coffee dates for girl talk. Here it is, five fun tidbits about me! 


+How did you come up with the name of your blog?
This is the most common question that I get asked. I don't think that I have ever shared why my blog is named Boone+Owl. So here it is! The town that I grew up in, and still live in, is small. You might say it's quaint. There aren't tons of options for things to do, and you can see from one end of our downtown to the other. It's less than a city block. It's small, and it's southern. I like it. In a way it's kind of like living out in the boondocks, if you come from a big city or aspire to live in one. That's where Boone comes from. Boondocks. It's my way of representing, with affection, where I come from. Now, I happen to be one of those people that aspires to live in a big hustle and bustle city, and I love fashion. If you've been following along for a little bit, you'll know that I adore owls, owls with big eyes. The Owl represents my love of big cities and fashion. It's the hopeful, dreamer in me. A big city heart in a small town girl. So, Boone+Owl is me. It's where I'm from, what I love, and it's my dreams.

+What is number one on your bucket list?
Besides marrying Tim Tebow? No no, I'm kidding. Kind of..
Actually, I have so many things on my bucket list, most of which are pretty adventurous. Did you know that there is an arctic resort in Finland with glass igloos that you can stay in? It's magical, and It's number one on my bucket list to stay in one of those glass igloos and admire the northern lights!

+ What are three things you can't live without?
This is pretty simple, and makes sense if you're a blogger. My iPhone, my Macbook, and my camera. With school and blogging, those three things have become very essential.

+What is your biggest fear?
I'm deathly afraid of spiders thanks to a big, black, hairy one that decided to wake me up one morning by crawling across my face. They're out to get me. I'm telling you, they know I fear them, and they search out my room just to torment me. They sit up in the corner toying with me. It's sick!

+What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I touched on this a little bit above. Getting to now other ladies through their writing is something that I really love. I found that there is such a wonderful blogging community. There are so many lovely women that have much to share, and I'm so happy to be a part of that community. Getting to know other sweet women, either through reading posts, or even reading through comments here, on Boone+Owl, it all counts. I love sharing life and learning about your life too!

Feel like you know me a little better? Great! We should have coffee dates more often. What about you? What three things can't you live without? What's number one on your bucket list?
Tell me! I would so love to know!












Check out this month's lovely featured sponsor!

No comments

Post a Comment

I am so glad that you stopped by. I love to hear from my readers! I appreciate each and every comment. Let's chat! Leave some love and I'll be sure to reply. Have a lovely day - Jen