BLUEBERRY MANGO SMOOTHIE

Monday, August 3, 2015
blueberry-mango-coconut-spinach-smoothie-boone-and-owl

Hey y'all! I've been having some fun with my Ninja again. I really don't know what I would do without that little machine. I've put it through the ringer and it just keeps blending away! I try to maintain a healthy diet; Lean meats, fruits and veggies, you know the drill. I'm successful 95% of the time. There are minor infractions now and again, but, you know.. treat yo'self!

( Speaking of treats - This 3 Ingredient Mocha Frappe is an under 200 calorie treasure! It's delicious and guilt free, and angels sing when you drink it. Hallelujah!)

Back to what I was saying. I'm really not a fan of just sitting down and eating the necessary amount of fruit or veggies for a day. I like to get creative with it. Say.. blend it all together and call it a healthy fruit frappe? That works, right. If it sounds like a treat, it is a treat! Food, in all of its forms, should taste good. Really good. This blueberry mango smoothie (with a few hidden treasures i.e. spinach and raw coconut water ) is no exception! Plus, it's good for you. It is packed with antioxidants and nutrients that help repair and fuel your body. 

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

1 CUP FROZEN BLUEBERRIES

1/2 CUP FROZEN MANGO 

1/2 CUP SPINACH

1/4 CUP RAW COCONUT WATER

1 CUP JUICE OF YOUR CHOICE 

PREPARATION.
Place all of your ingredients in a blender, starting with the frozen fruit, spinach, then water and juice. I use half orange juice and half tart cherry juice. Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stick a straw in it and enjoy! It's that easy.  I use the Nutri Ninja blender with the single serving cup to make this smoothie. 

The one cup of juice can be any juice that you prefer. Blueberry or Acai juice would be really good in this! Or go half and half. I personally really like the 1/2 orange juice, 1/2 tart cherry juice combo. They add a little zing!

This blueberry mango smoothie recipe will make just one generous smoothie. Feel free to double it up and make a small batch of this smoothie to share!

What is your favorite healthy recipe right now?

blueberry-mango-coconut-spinach-smoothie-boone-and-owl
blueberry-mango-coconut-spinach-smoothie-boone-and-owl
blueberry-mango-coconut-spinach-smoothie-boone-and-owl




LET'S CONNECT: 






CHECK OUT THIS MONTH'S LOVELY FEATURED SPONSOR!

No comments

Post a Comment

I am so glad that you stopped by. I love to hear from my readers! I appreciate each and every comment. Let's chat! Leave some love and I'll be sure to reply. Have a lovely day - Jen