When Patience Runs Thin

Saturday, September 28, 2013
I am not one to hold back what's on my heart and mind. I am an open book with all aspects of my life. What you see is what you get. No hidden agendas or secrets. I value the authentic, and so I put that forth myself. So with that, I want to share what was on my mind this morning. Hopefully it is an encouragement to you!

Life can be crazy sometimes, it can be tiring, it can also be amazingly exciting and full. When you're young and you're chasing after your desires and hopes it can be frustrating waiting for the next thing to unfold. "Patience is a virtue" This has been my motto since I was just a little girl, and let me tell you, patience does not always come easily for me. I have always been a very patient person, but, sometimes my patience just runs thin. When that happens I have to remind myself that God is in control. I have to be patient and wait on His timing. That can be so hard sometimes. You know, when something is really important to you and you go to God and ask for guidance or wisdom; or you ask Him to help you see what His will is in a situation, and then you want the answer right then? But God doesn't always give us the answer right away. He doesn't always give us the answer in the way we expected. He does always answer in His perfect timing though, and in His perfect way. 
"Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord." - Psalm 27:14


 God, our creator, who holds us in His hands, will answer as He sees fit and when He sees fit. And we can completely trust Him to work things out for our good. 

 "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." - Romans 8:28

"The ability to wait on the Lord stems from being confident and focused on who God is and in what God is doing." We can have confidence in who God is and in His wisdom. He knows exactly what you are going through. Have confidence in God's wisdom, timing, love and understanding of your situation, and trust Him. Rest in God's timing." Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6 

Be encouraged in the Lord! If you are going through a trial in life, feeling lost and don't know what step to take next, or just bursting with excitement for the next step and adventure in life, seek the Lord's will, seek His wisdom. You will find it. Have a fantastic Saturday!




No comments

Post a Comment

I am so glad that you stopped by. I love to hear from my readers! I appreciate each and every comment. Let's chat! Leave some love and I'll be sure to reply. Have a lovely day - Jen