Snow Day

Wednesday, February 5, 2014
We had a snow day. It was such a blizzard that the whole town shut down. Barren roads, closed coffee shops, and weather warnings. Of course, what really happened was the rain from the night before froze and it got particularly nippy outside. Our snowflakes upon snowflakes just looked like little frozen rain drops. How sad is that? A little ice on the road and southerners batten down the hatches. Walmart's food supply was ransacked too. There was one banana left. Just one. Survival mode activated.

Here at the homestead we had a little fun with the snow day. Little dude, my fur baby, seemed particularly pleased with the brisk icy conditions. He happily ran around the hard, barking in delight. It was tremendously cute. I, of course, made my rounds snapping pictures of the snow storm dressed in spring clothes. I'm just tough like that.

I few years ago it snowed on Valentine's Day night. Now that was truly magical! Big fluffy snowflakes blanketed everything. That was real snow. We had so much fun that night. We built a snowman and had a snowball fight. This was a major thing because it just doesn't snow in the south. We live in the land of beaches and boating, warm breezy days, and sunburns. When it hits 50˚we break out the down coats. It makes me think of those meanwhile in canada memes. So funny.

At any rate, we had fun with our snow day, frolicking about like kids in a candy store. What do you do on cold days? Brave the cold or curl up with a hot chocolate?


Snow Day, snow, snowman, blizzard
Snow Day, snow, snowman, blizzard
Snow Day, snow, snowman, blizzard
Snow Day, snow, snowman, blizzard

Snow Day, snow, snowman, blizzard
Snow Day, snow, icicles, blizzard
Snow Day, snow, icicles, blizzard
Snow Day, snow, icicles, blizzard












Check out this month's lovely featured sponsor!

No comments

Post a Comment

I am so glad that you stopped by. I love to hear from my readers! I appreciate each and every comment. Let's chat! Leave some love and I'll be sure to reply. Have a lovely day - Jen