Lung Leavin' Day

Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Lung Leaving' Day, Mesothelioma, Cancer

Hey! I want to share a touching story with y'all today, about a woman named Heather. She battled cancer, and her story touched my heart. My Grandma died from cancer, so I have a very sensitive place in my heart for others who have battled cancer and won, as well as those who have lost their battle. Heather's story is a triumphant one and I thought it was worth sharing. I'm sure it will touch your heart too!

Eight years ago Heather was Diagnosed with mesothelioma; a rare cancer that kills most people within 2 years of diagnosis. Heather had just given birth to her daughter Lily, and was only given 15 months to live. After a life saving surgery that included the removal of her left lung, Lung Leavin’ Day was born! Very thankfully, on February 2nd, Heather, her husband Cameron, and their daughter Lily, plus friends and family celebrated 8 years of Heather being cancer free. It is such a sweet blessing!

Now the purpose of Lung Leavin’ Day is to encourage others to face their fears. Every year, they gather around a fire in their backyard with friends and family, write their biggest fears on a plate, and smash them into the fire.  They celebrate for those who are no longer with us, for those who continue to fight, for those who are currently going through a tough time in their life, and most importantly, they celebrate life! They even created an interactive page here, that tells the full story of Lung Leaving' Day. There's a section where you can smash a plate with one of your own fears on it. I smashed a plate, or two! 

It does my heart good to know that Heather is cancer free and gets to watch Lily grow up, and continue to share life with those most dear to her. Visit their page and learn more about Heather's touching story. And smash a plate with some of your fears on it!

Follow Heather:  Lung Leaving' Day  |  Heather  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Google+









Check out this months featured sponsor!

No comments

Post a Comment

I am so glad that you stopped by. I love to hear from my readers! I appreciate each and every comment. Let's chat! Leave some love and I'll be sure to reply. Have a lovely day - Jen