A Few Things: Crocs

Monday, August 26, 2013
I have switched things up a bit and made A Few Things an every other weekend deal. With school in full swing, this makes my life just a little bit easier. My calendar is so full that it won't even show every event without opening up a specific day and scanning hour by hour tasks. That's craziness.


I was texting a friend and had the realization that I have a dry, playfully sarcastic sense of humor, and I'm not sure it always translates via text message. Do you ever have that problem? You send a message, and you know that it would have been funny in person, but, on the screen it lacks a certain pizazz.

I discovered how to property execute The Pompadour. It is so stinking simple, yet, I could never do it correctly before. That is embarrassing. Thank you for helping me Emily, I was so lost without you!

As I have mentioned one or two or ten times, I am going to Hawaii. I'm only mildly excited about this..
Hawaii is on my bucket list, and now I can cross it off. Since life will be all beachy for ten days, I decided that I needed special shoes. More than a flip flop, less than a sneaker. Somehow I ended up at a Crocs store. I became besties with the employees ( You were no help, Josh! I blame all of this on you), and walked out of the store with a bright green bag housing my very own pair of Crocs.  If that's not pure sacrilege, I don't know what is. 

Kelly Slater, the gem behind Walkin' On Sunshine, is adorable and bubbly.  I had the pleasure of swapping buttons with her in the recent past. Every time I login and see her button, it brightens up my day! Her blog is bright and happy and oh so worth a visit!

 I finally took the plunge and put together a media kit! Media kits are basically resumes and they need to be compact and highlight the most relevant and timely information.  I probably spent four hours agonizing over it, but, I finished it. I don't know about you, but, I always get nervous taking new steps in the blog world. You're already putting yourself out there to potentially be rejected. Each new step is exciting and a little terrifying. It is one hundred percent worth it though!

Those are my few things for this weekend. What about you? Did you discover something new about yourself, find a little piece of blog heaven, or take the plunge and put yourself out there?
                                                                    
                                                                 What are your few things? 



P.S. Linking up with Bre for The Collective and Carly for Funday Monday.












No comments

Post a Comment

I am so glad that you stopped by. I love to hear from my readers! I appreciate each and every comment. Let's chat! Leave some love and I'll be sure to reply. Have a lovely day - Jen