The Thankful Project | Foundations

Thursday, November 14, 2013

As established last Thankful Thursday, I am all for a sappy outpouring of affections. So I'm here to proclaim my thankfulness, again! I have been giving this a lot of thought lately, and by this I obviously mean thankfulness. There is so much to be thankful for. Truly. As I was thinking through the things that I am thankful for, my parents kept coming to mind. That probably seems cliché, but, it is meaningful. I am thankful for my parents, and specifically their support.

I can always count on my parents to support me in my hopes and endeavors. If I want try something new, they are right there telling me to go for it. For instance - this blog. They have been such an encouragement from the start. I had many a conversation, with my mom, sharing my thoughts and hopes for starting a new blog. And thanks to her, I am able to share fashion posts! She's slowly but surely becoming a better photographer. And dear old dad, he bookmarked Boone+Owl. I catch him reading posts on his iPad. How precious is that? There's nothing for him to relate to here in girl world, but, he reads on. ( How's that for your honorable mention, dad? )
There are many things in life that I have been nervous about diving into. Every time, my parents have been there with words of encouragement and an ever confident attitude. Without that, there are just some things that I wouldn't have tried, opportunities that I wouldn't have taken without that extra kick of support. We all need that. We all need people in our lives that believe in our ability to accomplish something. We need people to believe in us. That gives us a strong foundation to launch from. 

Knowing that I can count on my parents to support and encourage me is huge. I am tremendously thankful for those two. They are not just my mom and dad, but they are also two of my best friends. We do a lot together, and I'm not ashamed of that. They are always there for me and I proudly hangout with them! So for this Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for foundations, foundations of belief and bolstering; For this Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for my parents.

What are you thankful for?










Check out this month's featured sponsor:

No comments

Post a Comment

I am so glad that you stopped by. I love to hear from my readers! I appreciate each and every comment. Let's chat! Leave some love and I'll be sure to reply. Have a lovely day - Jen