The Thankful Project | Traditions

Saturday, November 23, 2013

I know I'm late with this post, but, as I've stated in the past, better late than never. It's my motto. The only excuse that I have for failing to post this on Thursday is just.. life. I got caught up with a little of this and a little of that and some of the other. Thanksgiving is what, five days away? It's really very exciting! My family doesn't have many traditions, but one that we do have, and one that means the world to me is our Thanksgiving tradition.

Every year we all pack our bags and road trip to the sunshine state to feast with my mom's side of the family. We have all spent Thanksgiving together for as long as I can remember ( plus or a minus a married cousin or two.) When I was little this road trip made me nervous, which is common for me. I'll get nervous over just about anything. I would cry like a baby when it was all over and we had to come home. Nowadays it's just a big party. All of us cousins are grown now so the dynamics are different. It's a good change. It's fun to think back on all of the fun Thanksgiving memories!

This year my sister + her two little girls will be joining the shenanigans. The girls are a little older now, so they will remember all of the Thanksgiving fun! 

So, all of that to say, I am thankful for traditions. They play a beautiful hand in childhood memories and building sweet relationships with extended family. The food, laughter, games, football, night walks downtown, and of course a cheesy movie. It all has become very special, and I am thankful beyond words for such sweet memories. Bring on Thanksgiving!

What traditions do you have? I'd love to hear about them!










Be sure to check out this month's featured sponsor :

No comments

Post a Comment

I am so glad that you stopped by. I love to hear from my readers! I appreciate each and every comment. Let's chat! Leave some love and I'll be sure to reply. Have a lovely day - Jen