just live life

Monday, May 20, 2013
Blog Every Day In May - Day 20. Get real. Share something you're struggling with right now..


Okay, I'm struggling with this post..
What am I struggling with? I'm a little stumped.

I could probably answer with several different things that I struggle with in one way or another. But I'm supposed to 'Get real', so I should dig a little deeper. I was talking with a friend the other day, having one of those personal conversations that you could only trust certain people with. There are few people, in my experience, that can be counted as real friends. Trustworthy. Loyal. Forgiving. Honest. I am blessed to have three people in my life that posses those qualities, that I am close to. This friend is unquestionably one of them.

Said friend and I were discussing the very prompt for this post - things we're struggling with. We just happen to be struggling with almost the same thing. Contentment where we are. Perhaps it is just my youth, but much of the time I can struggle being content where I am right now in life. I want my future right now. I want to jump ahead. I get impatient.
Now, I am not a discontent person. I have true joy and happiness in my life. Quite a lot of it. But I have my moments where I want what's next. It's easy to get wrapped up in that and start feeling lonely and start questioning things. 

I did have a freeing moment during my conversation, where it hit me that life is kind of like a road-trip, it is as much about the journey as the destination. Being impatient and trying to rush what's next robs me of joyful moments and memories that I have the opportunity to experience and make as I walk my road. There is so much life to be experienced, new friends to make, goals to be accomplished..
The journey is half the fun and that makes the struggle much easier to overcome.
  Stop obsessing about the destination and just live life.

I am happy where I am right now, and I look forward to my journey. I don't know what will happen along the way, but I have my friends and family to keep me company and just live life with. That's valuable. All that I acquire and share with them along the way will make the destination that much sweeter.



what are you struggling with?

< happy monday, friends! >

2 comments

  1. I love the way you wrote this post! I can relate to so much! :o seriously! But I'm more of the "I feel like I'm going nowhere" kinda person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sasha! I've definitely had my moments in the past where I felt like I was going nowhere, too.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you stopped by. I love to hear from my readers! I appreciate each and every comment. Let's chat! Leave some love and I'll be sure to reply. Have a lovely day - Jen