sweet memories

Sunday, May 12, 2013
before i dive into the challenge for the day, i'd like to take a minute to wish my precious momma a Happy Mother's Day! my mom is a precious, spunky little thing. she is not only my mother, she is my best friend. we joke. we laugh. we share. we cry. i could never put into words how important she is or how much i need and love her. i am tremendously thankful to call her mine. Happy Mother's Day, Momma!

The Challenge for today is - What do you miss? a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...
i took sometime to really think about this. there are quite a few things that i could choose from. i've chosen to go with a time of my life that i miss. i was scrolling through the hundreds of pictures on my laptop and i came across a photo of myself and a friend from childhood. i just happen to still live down the street from this childhood friend and am very close to his mother.
way back in the day when we were six to eleven, we lived next door to each other. there was a big empty lot between our houses that we would play on for hours and hours. we were great childhood buddies. as i looked at a more recent photo of us and several recent photos of myself and another friend from childhood, i thought back to that time in our lives. it was bittersweet to think about. i'm very happy to be where i am in life, but i absolutely miss those times. the innocence of childhood is precious. i miss spending hours outside and never running out of games to play. it's was such a sweet time.
i am very blessed to still be friends, as young adults, with these childhood mates. i wouldn't trade all of the memories we've made for anything!


so here's to the good ole days of playing in the summer heat, having water balloon fights, watching movies, and laughing till we cried.
love you guys!







what do you miss?
< Happy Mother's Day and Happy Sunday! >

2 comments

  1. Awww! I totally miss this too! If it hadn't been Mother's Day I might have done something similar in fact. I mean, who wouldn't miss such a time of innocence and fun? Though, I think we are just forgetting the bad parts- not controlling our own schedules, school, chores, bedtimes... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's a good point, Christina! I forgot about chores and school and bedtimes. I'm particularly glad to be rid of bedtimes ;)

      Delete

I am so glad that you stopped by. I love to hear from my readers! I appreciate each and every comment. Let's chat! Leave some love and I'll be sure to reply. Have a lovely day - Jen